Monday, April 27, 2009

World Names Profiler

When I typed "Uden" into the World Names Profiler, I found what I expected to, for the most part. I know that my family immigrated from Germany, and all of the countries that showed up as high occurence rates were in Northwest Europe, except for New Zealand. The country with the highest occurence for "Uden" happened to be Sweden. I did not expect this. Perhaps I have some long, lost Swedish relatives I knew nothing about. The United States had a lower occurence rate than the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Sweden or Germany. Countries with very low occurence rates included Australia, India and Japan. This is a very interesting tool that I am sure I will play with for at least five more minutes now before I continue with my homework.

-Daniel Uden 4-27-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment